Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A traditional treat in Hungarian households especially on Christmas morning. I make these in batches to freeze so when the grandchildren come over I use these as a bribe for them to behave. Works every time.
- Beat eggs well.
- Add milk, salt, sugar, and vanilla, Gradually add sifted flour beating until smooth a a thin batter.
- Heat small frying pan (or crepe pan).
- Spray lightly with Pam.
- Pour in enough batter to cover pan with very thin layer.
- Tilt pan with circular motion with wrist so mixture spreads eveny.
- Pancakes cook very quicly, about 30 secs on each side.
- Spread cheese filling, or grape jelly, or lekvar, or any jelly you like on the pancake and roll.
- You can also eat plain with a little powdered sugar sifted on top.
- Cheese filling: mix all ingredients well, adding sugar to taste.