A traditional treat in Hungarian households especially on Christmas morning. I make these in batches to freeze so when the grandchildren come over I use these as a bribe for them to behave. Works every time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 cups sifted flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Pam cooking spray, for pan (butter flavor)
- 1Beat eggs well.
- 2Add milk, salt, sugar, and vanilla, Gradually add sifted flour beating until smooth a a thin batter.
- 3Heat small frying pan (or crepe pan).
- 4Spray lightly with Pam.
- 5Pour in enough batter to cover pan with very thin layer.
- 6Tilt pan with circular motion with wrist so mixture spreads eveny.
- 7Pancakes cook very quicly, about 30 secs on each side.
- 8Spread cheese filling, or grape jelly, or lekvar, or any jelly you like on the pancake and roll.
- 9You can also eat plain with a little powdered sugar sifted on top.
- 10Cheese filling: mix all ingredients well, adding sugar to taste.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hungarian Pancakes (Palacsinta)
Serving Size: 1 (1481 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 106.0
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 50.7 mg
- Sodium 33.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 4.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: