Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Easy, prepare-ahead recipe. The most time consuming part is making the crepes.
Make and share this Hungarian Pancakes recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup dried apricot
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups cold water
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 3⁄4 cup sifted plain flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 pint sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- Rinse and drain apricots, chop finely and place in saucepan with water.
- Cook about 15-20 minutes until apricots are tender and water has evaporated.
- Add lemon rind and sugar, stir until sugar has dissolved.
- Remove from heat, cool to lukewarm and stir in sherry. Set aside.
- Beat eggs with water and melted butter.
- Sift flour, salt, sugar and baking powder together.
- Add flour mixture to egg, water and butter mixture.
- Blend thoroughly.
- Melt a small amount of butter in a 6" fry pan over medium heat.
- Pour in 3 tbsp batter and tilt pan so that batter runs to edges.
- Cook until firm and slightly brown, flip and brown other side.
- Spread crepes with apricot filling and roll up.
- Arrange in a shallow baking pan and refrigerate until 20 minutes before serving.
- Reheat in 325°F oven for 20 minutes.
- Top each serve with a spoonful of sour cream and walnuts.
I just have to give these a 5 star rating cos I've eaten these wonderful pancakes at "Tess's" home just last week! Delicious, lacy crepes filled with yummy Aussie dried apricots, and served with sour cream. Must admit I was a bit sceptical about the sour cram, but it works so well. Delicious thanks Tess! And thanks for posting the recipe so I can put it in my cookbook.