Easy, prepare-ahead recipe. The most time consuming part is making the crepes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup dried apricot
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup sherry wine
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups cold water
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 3/4 cup sifted plain flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1Rinse and drain apricots, chop finely and place in saucepan with water.
- 2Cook about 15-20 minutes until apricots are tender and water has evaporated.
- 3Add lemon rind and sugar, stir until sugar has dissolved.
- 4Remove from heat, cool to lukewarm and stir in sherry. Set aside.
- 5Beat eggs with water and melted butter.
- 6Sift flour, salt, sugar and baking powder together.
- 7Add flour mixture to egg, water and butter mixture.
- 8Blend thoroughly.
- 9Melt a small amount of butter in a 6" fry pan over medium heat.
- 10Pour in 3 tbsp batter and tilt pan so that batter runs to edges.
- 11Cook until firm and slightly brown, flip and brown other side.
- 12Spread crepes with apricot filling and roll up.
- 13Arrange in a shallow baking pan and refrigerate until 20 minutes before serving.
- 14Reheat in 325°F oven for 20 minutes.
- 15Top each serve with a spoonful of sour cream and walnuts.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hungarian Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (223 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 473.6
- Calories from Fat 200
- Total Fat 22.3 g
- Saturated Fat 9.4 g
- Cholesterol 128.2 mg
- Sodium 444.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 47.3 g
- Protein 7.8 g