Prep 10 mins
Cook 24 mins
Serve these with mashed potatoes along with a dollop of sour cream. My mother make them like this.
Make and share this Hungarian Onions recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 large onions, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons sweet Hungarian paprika
- sour cream
- Melt the butter in a skillet and toss in the onions. cover and cook over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Uncover, raise heat a bit and saute for 10 to 12 minutes until golden.
- Add the paprika.
- Stir over lowest heat for a minute or two until the paprika has lost its raw taste.