Recipe by LAURIE
From "Prairie HOme Cooking" a book I picked up at the library but its on my Christmas wish list. Make sure to use the SWEET Hungarian paprika not the hotter more bitter kinds.
Top Review by littleturtle
I followed the directions exactly and this didn't work for me. When I added the paprika it soaked up all of the butter and clumped up and burned. I think there was just too much paprika and it might have worked with half the amount, but as it was the end result was inedible. Sorry.
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup sweet Hungarian paprika
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- sour cream
- chopped fresh parsley
- green onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion and saute til golden, 8-10 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and paprika.
- Cook, stirring occasionally til mushrooms start to wilt about 5 minutes.
- Whisk egggs, salt and peppers in a small bowl.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Pour in the egg mixture over the top of veggies in the skillet.
- Cook omelet slowly for about 10 minutes, or until done enough to flip over without running.
- Flip and cook 3-4 minutes on the other side.
- Cut omelet into wedge and serve with a dollop of sour cream and sprinkling of parsley and green onion.