Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
From "Prairie Home Cooking" and posted for the Zaar World Tour 2005.
Make and share this Hungarian Omelet recipe from Food.com.
- Sauté onion in butter over medium heat in a large skillet until golden brown, 10 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and paprika and cook until the mushrooms are soft, about 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Whisk eggs, salt and pepper and add to pan. Cook slowly for about 10 minutes.
- Lift and allow uncooked portion to flow underneath until all of the uncooked egg has been moved.
- IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO BROWN THE OTHER SIDE:.
- Using a plate the size of the pan, carefully slide the omelet onto the plate. Turn skillet over and place on top of the plate. Turn skillet and plate at the same time, placing skillet back on burner while keeping plate on top until in place (as though it were a pot lid). Remove plate and cook a few minutes to brown that side OR place under broiler for a few minutes.
- You will have circular omelet, not a half moon shape. Do NOT attempt top FOLD in half.
- Cut into wedges and serve with a dollop of sour cream and chopped green onions.
This was good, the eggs didn't hold up very well when I lifted one end to let the the uncooked portion to flow underneath. I might not have let the eggs cook long enough before lifting it. I liked it tho. I will be making this again.Thanks for sharing your recipe.
Scaled this down to 1 serving, but then upped ingredients slightly to adjust to 2 eggs. Delicious and satisfying breakfast.
A yummy omelet! The paprika gives this omelet a delicious flavor. Made for ZWT4 for the Tastebud Tickling Travellers.