1/8 Photos of Hungarian Omelet
Mama's Kitchen (Hope)'s Note:
From "Prairie Home Cooking" and posted for the Zaar World Tour 2005.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sauté onion in butter over medium heat in a large skillet until golden brown, 10 minutes.
- 2Add mushrooms and paprika and cook until the mushrooms are soft, about 5 minutes.
- 3Reduce heat to low.
- 4Whisk eggs, salt and pepper and add to pan. Cook slowly for about 10 minutes.
- 5Lift and allow uncooked portion to flow underneath until all of the uncooked egg has been moved.
- 6IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO BROWN THE OTHER SIDE:.
- 7Using a plate the size of the pan, carefully slide the omelet onto the plate. Turn skillet over and place on top of the plate. Turn skillet and plate at the same time, placing skillet back on burner while keeping plate on top until in place (as though it were a pot lid). Remove plate and cook a few minutes to brown that side OR place under broiler for a few minutes.
- 8You will have circular omelet, not a half moon shape. Do NOT attempt top FOLD in half.
- 9Cut into wedges and serve with a dollop of sour cream and chopped green onions.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hungarian Omelet
Serving Size: 1 (139 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 250.9
- Calories from Fat 194
- Total Fat 21.6 g
- Saturated Fat 11.4 g
- Cholesterol 317.1 mg
- Sodium 526.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 10.4 g