1/3 Photos of Hungarian Noodles With Vegetarian Sausage
This is real comfort food for a meatless meal! Accompany this entree with a salad of romaine lettuce, tomato wedges and sliced carrots, plus some crusty whole wheat Italian bread, and you're in heaven!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 -8 vegetarian sausages (MorningStar or Boca are good)
- 1 large sweet onion, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1 (16 ounce) package shredded mixed cabbage (or 1 lb. you shred yourself)
- 3/4 cup vegetable broth
- 8 ounces wide egg noodles, yolk-free if desired (6 1/2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed, as desired
- 1Bring large pot of lightly salted water to a boil for noodles.
- 2Meanwhile, in large, wide skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat.
- 3Add veg.
- 4sausage and cook, turning often, until browned on all sides, about 7 minutes.
- 5Transfer to plate.
- 6In same skillet, heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat.
- 7Add onion, and cook, stirring often, until golden, about 8 minutes.
- 8Stir in cabbage and broth.
- 9Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until cabbage is wilted and just beginning to brown lightly, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- 10While cabbage is cooking, add noodles to boiling water.
- 11Cook until just tender, about 10 minutes.
- 12Cut veg.
- 13sausage into 1/2-inch-thick rounds.
- 14Drain noodles well.
- 15Transfer to large serving dish.
- 16Add cooked cabbage, veg.
- 17sausage slices, parsley, poppy seeds, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper.
- 18Toss gently but thoroughly to combine. Sprinkle with paprika to taste.
- 19Serve hot. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hungarian Noodles With Vegetarian Sausage
Serving Size: 1 (259 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 460.3
- Calories from Fat 184
- Total Fat 20.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 47.8 mg
- Sodium 368.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 17.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: