- 1⁄4 lb Hungarian paprika (rind removed) or 1⁄4 lb garlic bacon, cut into small dice (rind removed)
- 1 lb dried noodles (medium egg noodles, tagliatelle, or fettuccine)
- 1⁄2 lb cottage cheese
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet, fry the bacon over moderate heat till crisp, drain on paper towels, and keep the drippings hot.
- Bring a large kettle of salted water to a rolling boil, add the noodles, return to the boil, and cook till tender, 10 to 12 minutes. Drain the noodles well, then add the bacon drippings, cottage cheese, and pepper and toss over very low heat to warm the cheese. Add the bacon, toss again, and serve immediately.