Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Noodles with green peppers and onions. Typical peasant dish.
- 6 ounces medium noodles, uncooked
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cups onions, cut vertically into thin silvers
- 2 cups green bell peppers, cut into thin strips
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups low fat cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly oil a 7 X 11 inch baking pan or spray with a nonstick cooking spray.
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain.
- While noodles are cooking, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion, bell pepper, and garlic. Cook, stirring frequently, until onion begins to brown, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, combine cottage cheese, yogurt, paprika, salt, pepper and onion powder. Mix well. Add onion mixture and cooked noodles. Mix until well combined. Spoon mixture into prepared casserole. Press noodles down gently with the back of a spoon.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Cover and bake 25 minutes. Uncover and bake 5 minutes more.
I don't prefer writing bad reviews but this dish is a terrible waste of good food. The presentation is terrible due to the cottage cheese & the flavor amounts to almost nothing. I had half a serving & tossed the rest in the garbage disposal. I made it because the reviews were very good & it did sound interesting. I would suggest you save the noodles for alfredo sauce, the onions & peppers for a salad, the cottage cheese to mix with some pineapple & the yogurt for an afternoon snack. I wish I had.
Terrific! I loved how this was loaded with onions and peppers. I use both red and green bell pepper for added color. As a previous reviewer mentioned, there is no yogurt mentioned in the ingredients, but it's in the directions. I just added about 1/4 of fat free yogurt. I enjoyed this very much and will make this again. Thanx!
This dish was very simple to make and full of flavor. The directions were clear and concise with one exception. No mention is made of yogurt in the ingredients list but in Line 4 yogurt is mentioned. Since the addition of yogurt would only improve the dish I hope can be addedd to the ingredients. Also, I added a tablespoon of ricotta cheese since I had some handy.