You must have nokedli with your chicken paprikas. Also make these little fluffy delights for stew or any dish with a nice thick gravy.
- Place large pot filled with salted water and bring to boil.
- Combine eggs, salt, and water, beating well with whisk.
- Add flour, a little at a time.
- Add only enough flour to make a soft, sticky dough.
- Let mixture rest for about 10 mins.
- Beat mixture again.
- Using the side of a teaspoon, spoon small amount of dough into boiling water.
- Dipping the spoon in the hot water will remove the dough from the spoon (if you have a spaetzel maker, that makes is easier as you want very small noodles).
- The noodles are done when they float to the top.
- Remove from water with large slotted spoon, and place in colander.
- Rinse with cold water.
- You may want to make the dumplings in 2 or 3 batches so they dont overcook.
- Serve with chicken paprikas.
- The dumplings are also nice added to a stew.
- You can heat the dumplings in a frying pan with melted butter.
- Do not let the dumplings get too brown or crisp.