1/1 Photo of Hungarian Nokedli (Dumplings)
You must have nokedli with your chicken paprikas. Also make these little fluffy delights for stew or any dish with a nice thick gravy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place large pot filled with salted water and bring to boil.
- 2Combine eggs, salt, and water, beating well with whisk.
- 3Add flour, a little at a time.
- 4Add only enough flour to make a soft, sticky dough.
- 5Let mixture rest for about 10 mins.
- 6Beat mixture again.
- 7Using the side of a teaspoon, spoon small amount of dough into boiling water.
- 8Dipping the spoon in the hot water will remove the dough from the spoon (if you have a spaetzel maker, that makes is easier as you want very small noodles).
- 9The noodles are done when they float to the top.
- 10Remove from water with large slotted spoon, and place in colander.
- 11Rinse with cold water.
- 12You may want to make the dumplings in 2 or 3 batches so they dont overcook.
- 13Serve with chicken paprikas.
- 14The dumplings are also nice added to a stew.
- 15You can heat the dumplings in a frying pan with melted butter.
- 16Do not let the dumplings get too brown or crisp.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hungarian Nokedli (Dumplings)
Serving Size: 1 (132 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 263.2
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 93.0 mg
- Sodium 328.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 9.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: