1/3 Photos of Hungarian Mushroom Soup, from the Moosewood Cookbook
Nana Lee's Note:
As I've said before, I LOVE mushrooms, so here is another great recipe using them. Make this with a variety of mushrooms,and hot paprika, or smoked paprika, very nice. This is from Marie on another recipe site. Mega suggested the following: "One thing I changed was to use an 8oz brick of low fat cream cheese instead of the milk and flour. " Give it a try!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces mushrooms, -sliced
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1 tablespoon Hungarian paprika
- 1 tablespoon tamari soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups stock
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice, -fresh
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- fresh ground black pepper, -to taste
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1Saute onions in 2 Tbsp stock, salt lightly.
- 2A few minutes later, add mushrooms, 1 tsp dill, 1/2 cup stock or water, soy sauce, and paprika.
- 3Cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- 4Melt butter in large saucepan.
- 5Whisk in flour and cook, whisking, a few minutes.
- 6Add milk and cook, stirring frequently, over low heat about 10 minutes - until thick.
- 7Stir in mushroom mixture and remaining stock.
- 8Cover and simmer 10-15 minutes.
- 9Just before serving, add salt, pepper, lemon juice, sour cream, and, if desired, extra dill (1 tsp).
- 10Serve garnished with parsley.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hungarian Mushroom Soup, from the Moosewood Cookbook
Serving Size: 1 (281 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 226.9
- Calories from Fat 129
- Total Fat 14.3 g
- Saturated Fat 8.4 g
- Cholesterol 38.7 mg
- Sodium 947.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 7.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: