Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
As I've said before, I LOVE mushrooms, so here is another great recipe using them. Make this with a variety of mushrooms,and hot paprika, or smoked paprika, very nice. This is from Marie on another recipe site. Mega suggested the following: "One thing I changed was to use an 8oz brick of low fat cream cheese instead of the milk and flour. " Give it a try!
- 12 ounces mushrooms, -sliced
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1 tablespoon Hungarian paprika
- 1 tablespoon tamari soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups stock
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice, -fresh
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped
- fresh ground black pepper, -to taste
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- Saute onions in 2 Tbsp stock, salt lightly.
- A few minutes later, add mushrooms, 1 tsp dill, 1/2 cup stock or water, soy sauce, and paprika.
- Cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- Melt butter in large saucepan.
- Whisk in flour and cook, whisking, a few minutes.
- Add milk and cook, stirring frequently, over low heat about 10 minutes - until thick.
- Stir in mushroom mixture and remaining stock.
- Cover and simmer 10-15 minutes.
- Just before serving, add salt, pepper, lemon juice, sour cream, and, if desired, extra dill (1 tsp).
- Serve garnished with parsley.
We LOVED this soup. Everyone at it so fast that I immediately made a second batch. One thing I changed was to use an 8oz brick of low fat cream cheese instead of the milk and flour.
This was delicious. My son and I made this as suggested with a brick of cream cheese rather than using milk and flour. We used baby bella mushrooms. The only other change we made was using 1 less cup of stock per another reviewer and put it over our homemade egg noodles Recipe #95311. Doubled recipe for both.
Great.. simple ! I added Madera wine to the stock. Great taste !