1/1 Photo of Hungarian Mushroom Soup
Be sure to use the Hungarian sweet paprika instead of the smoked in this....it just works better with the recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 7 ounces fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 6 ounces fresh baby portabello mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups beef stock, divided
- 1 teaspoon sweet Hungarian paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- plain yogurt, sour cream, fresh dill sprigs
- 1Cook the onion in butter in a large Dutch oven over medium heat, stirring constantly, until tender. Add the flour, stirring well. Cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- 2Add the mushrooms, 1/2 cup beef stock, and the next 6 ingredients (paprika through black pepper). Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- 3Gradually stir in the remaining 1 1/2 cups beef stock, milk, and parsley. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, untiil the mixture is thickened and bubbly.
- 4Ladle into soup bowls and garnish, if desired.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hungarian Mushroom Soup
Serving Size: 1 (1475 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 108.4
- Calories from Fat 40
- Total Fat 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 12.4 mg
- Sodium 499.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 4.6 g