Recipe by Naturalbohemian
This soup is delicious, it tastes just like the mushroom soup at a local restaurant. It comes from the cookbook "Eat, Drink and be Chinaberry". It is creamy and has a distinctive flavor, very Hungarian, and so good.
Top Review by *Parsley*
Lots of flavor and easy to make. I used 1 lb of mushrooms, just because I love lots of mushrooms. The lemon juice adds a nice tangy flavor. Thanx for a wonderful mushroom soup! It's a keeper!
- 12 ounces fresh sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 -2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 tablespoon Hungarian paprika
- 1 tablespoon tamari soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups vegetable stock or 2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onions in 2 T. butter,add mushrooms, 1 tsp dill, 1/2 cup liquid,tamari and paprika. Cover and simmer 15 minutes. Melt rest of butter in saucepan, whisk in flour while cooking, add milk, cook until thick. Stir in mushroom mixture and rest of stock. Cover and simmer 15 minutes. Add salt, pepper, lemon juice, sour cream and additional dill if desired. Enjoy!