Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
I got this from Allrecipes & it was submitted by Cathy T. It is by far the best mushroom soup I have EVER had. Quick, simple but so full of flavor & filling!
- 59.16 ml unsalted butter
- 473.18 ml chopped onions
- 453.59 g fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 9.85 ml dried dill weed (A MUST!)
- 14.79 ml paprika
- 14.79 ml soy sauce
- 473.18 ml chicken broth
- 236.59 ml milk
- 44.37 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml salt
- ground black pepper
- 9.85 ml lemon juice
- 59.14 ml chopped fresh parsley
- 118.29 ml sour cream
- Melt the butter in a large pot over med heat. Saute the onions in the butter for 5 minutes. Add the mushroom and saute for 5 more minutes. Stir in the dill, paprika, soy sauce and chicken broth. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk the milk and flour together. Pour this into the soup and stir well to blend. Cover and simmer 15 more minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Finally, stir in the salt, pepper, lemon juice, parsley and sour cream. Mix together and allow to heat through over low heat, about 3 to 5 minutes. Do not boil. Serve immediately. Even better the next day!
Best mushroom soup I've ever made. Mine came out a little darker than the photo of this soup, probably because I used half portabellas. I did cook my mushrooms slightly longer, but followed everything else the same. A very filling soup, and much healhier than most cream soup recipes. I think next time I make it, I will add some garlic and see what that does for it (we are huge garlic fans in this house). Oh, and next time, I'm doubling the recipe!!
Well verilucky, I believe that your Husband is the lucky one. When I first test a recipe I make it as written. These folks that change sometimes better than half the original ingredients before trying it (other than someone with a dietary problem) Bug the you know what out of me. This deserves a 10. Ingredients, flavor, simplicity, etc. FANTASTIC. As some of the folks say, This IS a keeper. Thank you. Cap'n Jack
I also add one small carrot, minced, to the sautéing onions to give it a little sweetness. This is a very hearty soup with extremely well-balanced flavors. I serve it with rustic bread.