Recipe by Verelucky
I got this from Allrecipes & it was submitted by Cathy T. It is by far the best mushroom soup I have EVER had. Quick, simple but so full of flavor & filling!
Top Review by mnjcarter
Best mushroom soup I've ever made. Mine came out a little darker than the photo of this soup, probably because I used half portabellas. I did cook my mushrooms slightly longer, but followed everything else the same. A very filling soup, and much healhier than most cream soup recipes. I think next time I make it, I will add some garlic and see what that does for it (we are huge garlic fans in this house). Oh, and next time, I'm doubling the recipe!!
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 teaspoons dried dill weed (A MUST!)
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter in a large pot over med heat. Saute the onions in the butter for 5 minutes. Add the mushroom and saute for 5 more minutes. Stir in the dill, paprika, soy sauce and chicken broth. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk the milk and flour together. Pour this into the soup and stir well to blend. Cover and simmer 15 more minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Finally, stir in the salt, pepper, lemon juice, parsley and sour cream. Mix together and allow to heat through over low heat, about 3 to 5 minutes. Do not boil. Serve immediately. Even better the next day!