1/1 Photo of Hungarian Mixed Bean Goulash
1 hr 5 mins
This is a rich thick stew.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced
- 1 large green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can white beans, rinsed and drained (cannellini or Great Northern beans)
- 1 (16 ounce) can lima beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 medium potatoes, unpeeled, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onions and bell pepper.
- 2Cook, stirring frequently, 5 minutes.
- 3Add small amounts of water as necessary, about a tablespoon at a time, to prevent sticking. Add remaining ingredients, except yogurt. Mix well.
- 4Bring mixture to a boil, the reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer 45 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Stir several times while cooking.
- 5Serve over noodles or rice and top each serving with 2 tablespoonfuls of yogurt.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hungarian Mixed Bean Goulash
Serving Size: 1 (336 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 264.4
- Calories from Fat 29
- Total Fat 3.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 3.9 mg
- Sodium 503.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.5 g
- Sugars 7.9 g
- Protein 13.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: