Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- Prepare the basic meatballs and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet.
- Add the onions and cook and stir until they are tender.
- Add the cooked meatballs, 3/4 cup of water, the wine, caraway seed, paprika, marjoram leaves and salt.
- Heat to boiling then reduce the heat and cover.
- Simmer for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Mix 1/4 cup of water and the flour, stir into the sauce mixture.
- Heat to boiling, stirring carefully.
- Boil and stir for 1 minute.
- NOTE: Serve with either boiled potatoes or noodles for a great main dish.
I made this tonight and just served it with Costco frozen meatballs, and it was pretty good. I didn't think it was flavorful enough, but I also messed up on it--so that's why I won't rate it yet, but I'll try it again, for sure!! I didn't have caraway seeds, and I didn't have the recipe right in front of me when I added the flour & water and I ended up adding too much flour--then needed more water--so as you can see, it ended up being more bland than I'm sure it should have!! I doctored it up with more spices and it tasted fine. I will try this again and I will follow the directions next time, and I'm sure it will be wonderful!!! :)
Made this tonight and everyone had seconds.Always a good sign.Only alteration i made was to add 1/2 teaspoon of sugar 15 minutes before the end of cooking.I usually cook by smell, and felt it could do with a little sugar..cant taste it tho..We had it with rice,but potatoes or noodles would be just as good..Maybe some long green beans on the side..? Will definately be making again soon.P.S.I also used extra caraway seeds because I love them!!