1/1 Photo of Hungarian Meatball Stew
A stew that is a modified Rachael Ray recipe and a great way to warm up a night time meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs ground sirloin
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 celery, diced
- 4 ounces mushrooms, diced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sweet paprika
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 tablespoon caraway seed
- buttered egg noodles, with
- 1In a large bowl, add beef, bread crumbs, egg, garlic, salt and pepper. Mix together and form into meatballs roughly 1 1/2" in diameter.
- 2In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Add half the meatballs - cook until all sides are lightly browned, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- 3Scoop the meatballs out onto paper towels to drain - repeat with remaining meatballs.
- 4Pour off all but 1 tablespoon of the fat in the skillet and add the onion, mushrooms, carrots and celery - cook until softened, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- 5Sprinkle in flour and paprika -whisk in flour and paprika and let cook for 1 minute.
- 6Gradually whisk in the beef broth and bring to a boil - season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 7Add the reserved meatballs and caraway seeds, reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 8Serve over warm egg noodles.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hungarian Meatball Stew
Serving Size: 1 (282 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 566.3
- Calories from Fat 320
- Total Fat 35.6 g
- Saturated Fat 11.8 g
- Cholesterol 167.2 mg
- Sodium 1107.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 39.6 g