1 hr 15 mins
Chef #258528 Joanne's Note:
I have been making this recipe for many years. Have given it to many of my friends who also make it. They have no problems with this recipe. Easy and good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 2 (1/4 ounce) packages dry yeast (not rapid rise)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 6 1/2 cups flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1Dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water. Wait until it is activated before adding to dry ingredients.
- 2Mix together the flour sugar and salt.
- 3Stir in eggs, melted butter, sour cream and dissolved yeast.
- 4Mix well.
- 5Let dough rest for 10 minutes, covered with a mixing bowl with some flour underneath to prevent dough from sticking.
- 6Divide into 4 egual parts.
- 7Roll out separately onto a floured board into a 14 x 12 rectangle.
- 8Spread with 1/4 of nut mixture and cover dough to within one inch from the edge.
- 9Begin to roll up jelly roll fashion from the 12 inch side.
- 10Seal edge.Tuck ends under Put seam side down on cookie sheet covered with parchment paper.
- 11Cover with clean cloth.
- 12Continue to roll and fill dough covering each with cloth.
- 13Let rise for one hour or until double in bulk.
- 14You can place 2 rolls on one cookie sheet.
- 15Bake at 325 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 16Transfer to a wire rack and cool.
- 17Can be frozen.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hungarian Kolache (Nut Roll)
Serving Size: 1 (2696 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2582.7
- Calories from Fat 1311
- Total Fat 145.7 g
- Saturated Fat 49.3 g
- Cholesterol 330.6 mg
- Sodium 1287.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 275.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.0 g
- Sugars 78.6 g
- Protein 56.0 g