This recipe is from Rachael Ray's Everyday magazine. I am posting so I don't lose it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (1 quart) boxes chicken broth, such as Kitchen Basics brand
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon sweet smoked paprika
- chopped fresh parsley (about a handful)
- salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 cups egg noodles
- 1/2 cup spanish piquillo peppers or 1/2 cup roasted red pepper, cut into thin 2-inch long pieces
- 6 scallions, cut into 2-inch pieces and then shredded into thin sticks
- 3 tablespoons torn fresh dill (about a handful)
- 1In a medium saucepan, heat the broth to a boil, reduce to a simmer.
- 2While the broth simmers, in a medium bowl, combine the chicken, egg, bread crumbs, nutmeg,paprika, parsley and salt and pepper.
- 3Roll the meat into 1-inch dumplings and add about 8 of them at a time to the simmering broth.
- 4Let the dumplings cook for 3 to 4 minutes, without stirring. Add the noodles, peppers and scallions and stir.
- 5Cook until the noodles are just tender. Stir in the dill.
- 6Season the soup to taste with salt and pepper and serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hungarian-Ish Dumpling and Egg Noodle Soup
Serving Size: 1 (454 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 286.1
- Calories from Fat 92
- Total Fat 10.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 103.9 mg
- Sodium 1189.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 24.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: