Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Potato Dumplings. I got this from my wonderful co-worker Rebecca. It is her Hungarian Dad's recipe. She suggests serving it with Chicken Paprikash which I've also posted.
- 1 large potato, boiled, peeled and grated
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup potato flour or 1 cup all-purpose flour
- salt and pepper, to taste
- dill weed, to taste
- water, to boil
- 16 ounces low fat cottage cheese or 16 ounces boiled cabbage, diced
- Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil.
- In the meantime, in another pot, boil, peel and grate a large starchy potato.
- Combine potato with eggs, flour, salt, and pepper.
- Drop potato mixture by half teaspoons into the pot of boiling water.
- Dumplings are done when they float.
- When dumplings are done, remove them from the pot, drain the water, and return them to the pot.
- Sprinkle dumplings with dill then stir them with cottage cheese or cabbage.
- Re-warm to eating temperature and serve.