1 hr 15 mins
There is Goulash and there is Goulash and there is this Goulash, they are mostly all good but I find this one distinctive. The saurerkraut gives great flavor. Do ahead and reheat the flavor is even better. I use wine cured kraut.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a dutch oven heat oil and brown the meat on all sides, when browned set aside.
- 2Add onions to the skillet, saute 5 minutes.
- 3Pour off excess fat and return meat to the pot.
- 4Sprinkle in the paprika and Majoram.
- 5Top with sauerkraut.
- 6Bake covered for 1 hour 350F degrees oven.
- 7Add salt.
- 8When ready to serve stir in the sour cream and caraway seeds.
- 9Serve over hot buttered noodles.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hungarian Goulash with Sauerkraut
Serving Size: 1 (382 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 409.7
- Calories from Fat 187
- Total Fat 20.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 125.8 mg
- Sodium 1110.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 42.1 g