Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
There is Goulash and there is Goulash and there is this Goulash, they are mostly all good but I find this one distinctive. The saurerkraut gives great flavor. Do ahead and reheat the flavor is even better. I use wine cured kraut.
- In a dutch oven heat oil and brown the meat on all sides, when browned set aside.
- Add onions to the skillet, saute 5 minutes.
- Pour off excess fat and return meat to the pot.
- Sprinkle in the paprika and Majoram.
- Top with sauerkraut.
- Bake covered for 1 hour 350F degrees oven.
- Add salt.
- When ready to serve stir in the sour cream and caraway seeds.
- Serve over hot buttered noodles.
This recipe appears to not have been tested. I made it exactly as stated and found it is far too dry to serve over noodles. I used pork tenderloin and beef sirloin and found the meat rather dry and could have been tastier and more tnnder if simmered before adding sauerkraut. After an hour of cooking the sauerkarut is a little overdone and soft. The flavor was quite nice, however dry the dish.