Recipe by Tish
This is a roubust and well flavored goulash. Serve it in soup bowls with plenty of French bread for soaking up the gravy.
- 2 ounces salt pork
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 lbs beef, rmp cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 large onions, about 1 lb
- 6 small red potatoes
- 2 medium green bell peppers
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 teaspoons Hungarian paprika
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons caraway seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Dice the salt pork.
- Melt the butter in the pressure cooker.
- Add the salt pork and cook until brown and crisp.
- Add the beef and brown lightly on all sides.
- Meanwhile, peel the onions and cut them into wedges.
- Peel the potoes and cut in half.
- Cut the green peppers into 1" squares.
- Add the onions, potatoes, and green peppers to the pan.
- Stir together the wine, tomato paste, paprika and salt and pepper to taste and add to the pressure cooker.
- Cover pressure cooker and bring up to full pressure.
- Reduce heat to stabilize pressure and cook for 12 minutes.
- Release pressure.
- Stir in the sour cream and caraway.
- Serve hot topped with additional sour cream, if desired.
- This goulash can be made in advance and refrigerated or frozen.