Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a roubust and well flavored goulash. Serve it in soup bowls with plenty of French bread for soaking up the gravy.
- 2 ounces salt pork
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 lbs beef, rmp cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 large onions, about 1 lb
- 6 small red potatoes
- 2 medium green bell peppers
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 teaspoons Hungarian paprika
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- Dice the salt pork.
- Melt the butter in the pressure cooker.
- Add the salt pork and cook until brown and crisp.
- Add the beef and brown lightly on all sides.
- Meanwhile, peel the onions and cut them into wedges.
- Peel the potoes and cut in half.
- Cut the green peppers into 1" squares.
- Add the onions, potatoes, and green peppers to the pan.
- Stir together the wine, tomato paste, paprika and salt and pepper to taste and add to the pressure cooker.
- Cover pressure cooker and bring up to full pressure.
- Reduce heat to stabilize pressure and cook for 12 minutes.
- Release pressure.
- Stir in the sour cream and caraway.
- Serve hot topped with additional sour cream, if desired.
- This goulash can be made in advance and refrigerated or frozen.
Hi, the recipe sounds good, but its not a gulyás (in hungarian). Sour cream never used in gulyás. :) and if you would like to use wine please use dry red wine never white!
This came out excellent! The meat was so tender and all the flavors blended well together...I, like others subbed mushrooms for the potatoes...I served it over spaetzle...thanks for posting the recipe...=)
This was really amazing! I ended up using shallot in place of onion and red wine instead of white and just left out the potatoes completely and threw in button mushrooms instead. The sauce was delicious and everything was tender and melt-in-your-mouth fantastic. I'll be turning to this recipe often in my new pressure cooker. Highly recommend!! Thanks so much for sharing!