1/1 Photo of Hungarian Goulash under Pressure
This is a roubust and well flavored goulash. Serve it in soup bowls with plenty of French bread for soaking up the gravy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 ounces salt pork
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 lbs beef, rmp cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 large onions, about 1 lb
- 6 small red potatoes
- 2 medium green bell peppers
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 teaspoons Hungarian paprika
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 1Dice the salt pork.
- 2Melt the butter in the pressure cooker.
- 3Add the salt pork and cook until brown and crisp.
- 4Add the beef and brown lightly on all sides.
- 5Meanwhile, peel the onions and cut them into wedges.
- 6Peel the potoes and cut in half.
- 7Cut the green peppers into 1" squares.
- 8Add the onions, potatoes, and green peppers to the pan.
- 9Stir together the wine, tomato paste, paprika and salt and pepper to taste and add to the pressure cooker.
- 10Cover pressure cooker and bring up to full pressure.
- 11Reduce heat to stabilize pressure and cook for 12 minutes.
- 12Release pressure.
- 13Stir in the sour cream and caraway.
- 14Serve hot topped with additional sour cream, if desired.
- 15This goulash can be made in advance and refrigerated or frozen.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hungarian Goulash under Pressure
Serving Size: 1 (490 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1357.4
- Calories from Fat 1125
- Total Fat 125.0 g
- Saturated Fat 53.1 g
- Cholesterol 182.9 mg
- Sodium 304.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 7.9 g
- Protein 18.5 g