Recipe by dolores in paradise
Love this soup, but my recipe is so old have to rewrite it, so though I would do it here. The little dumplings are what realy makes this soup. RECIPE CALLS FOR, 1 parsnip and hungarian sweet and hot paprika. I just use any and add some cayenne. could not put this in.
- 1 large onion (chopped fine)
- 3 garlic cloves (chopped fine)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 lbs beef chuck (cut in small cubes)
- 10 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon caraway seed
- 1⁄4 cup parsley (chopped)
- 3 potatoes (diced)
- 1 carrot (diced )
- 1 tomatoes (diced )
- 1⁄2 green pepper (diced )
- salt & pepper
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 egg (Dough will sit covered 30 min.)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large kettle saute onion and garlic in butter until soften.
- Stir in paprika stir few minute.
- add beef chuck stir few minute
- add 1/2 cup water, bring to boil and cook over medium heat.
- stirring for 5 minute or until liquid is reduced by half.
- Stir in 1/4 cup water and caraway seeds, cook until most of the.
- liquid has evaporated.
- add 10 cups water salt and pepper to taste.Bring to boil and lower
- heat, cook 1 hour and 30 minute or until meat is almost tender.
- Add all vegatables and cook about 30 minute.
- or till tender.
- In a bowl combine flour, egg, water, and salt.
- Beat the mixture until it forms a smooth dough.
- Let sit 30 minute covered.
- Pinch the dough in pieces the size of a pea and drop in to.
- the simmering soup, lifting the dumplings carefully from the bottom.
- with a wooden spoon.
- Add 1/4 cup parsley and simmer 5 minute or until dumplings are cooked.
- check salt and pepper.