1 hr 6 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 medium onions, peeled & chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried marjoram
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon lemon, rind of, Minced
- 1/2 cup shortening or 1/2 cup salad oil
- 8 cups water
- 3 1/2 tablespoons paprika (Hungarian)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 lbs lean beef chuck (1" cubes)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large tomatoes, peeled & choppe
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled & cubed
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 1Cut chuck into 1" cubes.
- 2Saute onions and garlic in heated shortening or oil in a large kettle until tender.
- 3Stir in paprika; cook 1 minute.
- 4Wipe beef cubes until dry.
- 5Brown cubes, several at a time, on all sides.
- 6Add tomatoes, caraway seeds, marjoram, lemon peel, water, salt, and pepper.
- 7Bring to a boil.
- 8Lower heat and cook slowly, covered, 45 minutes.
- 9Add potatoes and continue to cook about 20 minutes longer, until potatoes are tender.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hungarian Goulash Soup
Serving Size: 1 (370 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 190.0
- Calories from Fat 97
- Total Fat 10.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 481.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 3.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lean beef chuck