Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
This soup is absolutely fantastic! It is a bit spicy, but that can be controlled with the amount of cayenne pepper that you choose to put in. My whole family loves this hearty, filling soup- it's one worth repeating!
- I use my dutch oven for this.
- Caramelize onions in a little olive oil. Remember to do this low and slow! Remove onions from pot.
- Brown meat with paprika, cayenne, and salt.
- When meat is brown, add water and bay leaf. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add potatoes, carrots (optional), and caramelized onions. Return to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour.
- Serve with crusty bread.