Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 45 mins
An easy hearty and statisfying soup.
Make and share this Hungarian Goulash recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2-1 lb stewing beef (cubed) or 1⁄2-1 lb veal (cubed)
- 1 onion (diced)
- 3 carrots (sliced)
- 1 parsley root, whole (optional)
- 1 bunch parsley, whole
- 2 tomatoes (whole)
- 1 green pepper (whole)
- 2 celery ribs (whole)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- black pepper
- 2 quarts water
- 2 tablespoons lard
- 6 potatoes (diced)
- caraway seed (optional)
- Remove any fat from the meat and cut into large cubes.
- Saute the onions in lard until golden brown. Stir in the paprika mixing well. Add the meat, salt and pepper to the onions. Simmer 15 minutes on medium heat. Once the meat is browned, stir in the vegetables (except potatoes). Add the water and simmer slowly for approximately 45 minutes.
- Add the diced potatoes to the soup and simmer another 45 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Remove the whole vegetables and parsley before serving.