1/2 Photos of Hungarian Goulash
2 hrs 20 mins
The best Goulash I have ever tasted. I found this recipe in a old 1956 Cutco cookbook
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Brown meat on all sides in heavy fry pan or Dutch oven; add onion.
- 2Combine mustard, paprika, brown sugar, salt.
- 3Combine Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, ketchup; add to mustard mixture; add to meat; add 1 cup of the water; stir; cover.
- 4Cook over low heat 2 hours or until meat is very tender.
- 5Blend flour with remaining 1/2 cup of water; stir until thickened.
- 6Boil noodles in salted water until tender; drain.
- 7Serve meat mixture over noodles.
- 8Eight servings.
- 9I sometimes use corn starch instead of flour to thicken.Also can be done in a pressure cooker instead of dutch oven as in step 4, to cut time.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hungarian Goulash
Serving Size: 1 (176 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 205.6
- Calories from Fat 27
- Total Fat 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 50.9 mg
- Sodium 591.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 8.1 g
- Protein 16.3 g