Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This is a hearty dish to serve over noodles. The guys really go for this. Tastes very good.
- 3 lbs beef chuck, cut in 1 inch cubes
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 3 cups sliced onions
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (10 ounce) can beef broth
- Roll beef cubes in flour.
- Heat oil in dutch oven and brown beef on all sides.
- Add onions, paprika, salt, pepper, and beef broth.
- Cover and cook over low heat for 1/ 1/2 hours or until tender.
I have been making this for years, but the last half hour I add cut carrots & potatoes, And sometimes I add dumplings,1 egg 1 tbsp. water and flour to make a light dough, drop by tsp.into Goulash the last 10 minutes.
Hey MizzNezz, What a delight to see an authentic Goulash recipe, after all the macaroni/burger things I've seen online. This is the way my Austro-Hungarian mother made it, perhaps with a few caraway seeds thrown in. Thank you!
Also terrific over rice. And yes to other reviewer its great with venison but I add some carrot.