Recipe by DonnaRose
Originally from "Better Homes and Gardens: Slow Cooker." A good recipe to prep ahead of time, store in the frig, pop into the crockpot and forget.
Top Review by lauralie41
This goulash was very easy to make and smelled wonderful while cooking in the crockpot. I used minced garlic from a jar and did not add the sour cream to thicken the sauce. The green peppers were bit of an overwhelming flavor for us so next time I would leave them out. The stew meat was fork tender and we enjoyed this over the cooked hot noodles. Thank you DonnaRose for another great recipe!
- 3 cups chopped onions
- 1 1⁄2 cups coarsely chopped sweet green peppers
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 3 lbs beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 4 teaspoons paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 cups hot cooked noodles
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients in a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker.
- Mix well.
- Cover; cook on low-heat setting for 10 to 12 hours or on high-heat setting for 5-6 hours.
- Serve over hot cooked noodles.
- Add sour cream to juices, thicken.
- Season to taste with more salt and freshly ground pepper.