Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 hrs
Originally from "Better Homes and Gardens: Slow Cooker." A good recipe to prep ahead of time, store in the frig, pop into the crockpot and forget.
- 3 cups chopped onions
- 1 1⁄2 cups coarsely chopped sweet green peppers
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 3 lbs beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 4 teaspoons paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 cups hot cooked noodles
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- Combine all ingredients in a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker.
- Mix well.
- Cover; cook on low-heat setting for 10 to 12 hours or on high-heat setting for 5-6 hours.
- Serve over hot cooked noodles.
- Add sour cream to juices, thicken.
- Season to taste with more salt and freshly ground pepper.
This goulash was very easy to make and smelled wonderful while cooking in the crockpot. I used minced garlic from a jar and did not add the sour cream to thicken the sauce. The green peppers were bit of an overwhelming flavor for us so next time I would leave them out. The stew meat was fork tender and we enjoyed this over the cooked hot noodles. Thank you DonnaRose for another great recipe!