Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 35 mins
A great comfort food, so easy to make and delicious.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless beef cubes
- 1 (2 ounce) envelopelipton onion and mushroom soup mix or 1 (2 ounce) envelope onion soup mix
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 (16 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup water
- 8 ounces pkge. broad egg noodles (cooked)
- In Dutch Oven or large saucepan, heat oil and brown beef.
- Add onion mushroom soup mix and paprika blended with tomatoes.
- Simmer covered, stirring occasionally, 1 1/2 hours or until beef is tender.
- Stir in flour and salt blended with water.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer, stirring constantly, until sauce is thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Serve with cooked noodles.
Very good goulash. This is my first attempt to make Hungarian Goulash, I've made several ground beef recipes before, but none with stew meat. I like this. Oh, yeah, made for My-3-Chefs ;)