Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Pancakes layered with sweet fillings and baked with a coating of meringue. Posted for the Zaar World Tour 2005.
- Place one crepe or pancake on a greased baking tray and spread with a little jam and sprinkle with chocolate. Place another pancake on top, spread with cream and sprinkle with some toasted almonds and raisins.
- Continue building layers until the pancakes are used up. Leave the top pancake plain.
- Beat egg whites to stiff peaks then add the sugar a little at a time, beating continually. Beat until the mixture is thick and glossy.
- Cover the pancake stack completely with the meringue mixture.Sprinkle with flaked almonds.
- Bake in a preheated very hot oven (220C - 425F) for 3 to 4 minutes until the meringue is slightly browned.