Recipe by TXHomemaker
Haven't had a chance to try this yet myself, but it sounded good. I found it one time on the web. Let me know if you try it before I do how it is.
Top Review by JustJanS
I was once married to a Hungarian-his mum was THE best cook I've ever known! This came mightly close to her cucumber salad so I enjoyed it very, very much. I made a quarter of the recipe as a small side for two of us. I shaved the cuc on my mandolin, then gave it a bit of a squeeze to get rid of some of the excess juice. Shall definately make this again.
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel cukes.
- Drag fork tines down length of peeled cucumbers to create long groves that will look very nice when you slice cucumbers very, very thin.
- Put in mixing bowl.
- Peel and chop clove of garlic.
- Add salt and sugar slices.
- Mix in sour cream.
- Add vinegar and toss well, I use my hands, till cucumbers slices and sour cream are all frothy and foamy.
- Place in serving dish and sprinkle a little paprika on top for decoration, and serve well chilled.