Many hungarian families have cucumber salad to complement any of the spicey dishes popular in the cuisine. I was taught to make this as a very young girl. I am often asked to bring this dish along.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place thinly sliced cucumbers in deep glass bowl.
- 2Sprinkle salt on top then work through cucumbers.
- 3Cover bowl with plate and let sit for at least 1/2 hr.
- 4Uncover bowl and squeeze as much water as possible from cucumbers using your hands.
- 5Add thinly sliced onions, pepper, dill weed.
- 6mix well.
- 7Add sour cream mixing well.
- 8The dressing should appear to be slightly foaming.
- 9Recover and place in refrigerator until chilled.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hungarian Cucumber Salad
Serving Size: 1 (283 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 107.7
- Calories from Fat 56
- Total Fat 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 12.6 mg
- Sodium 311.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 2.6 g