This is a hungarian dish from epicurious .com. Posted for ZWT4
Make and share this Hungarian Cucumber Salad recipe from Food.com.
- Peel the cucumbers and slice them very thin.
- Sprinkle the cucumbers with salt and let stand for 30-60 minutes with a plate and a 5 lb weight on top.
- Squeeze out the water on a paper towel.
- Combine the sugar, vinegar, garlic powder, and water.
- Add the cucumbers and marinate for a few hours.
- To serve, sprinkle paprika on half of the salad and black pepper on the other half.