Recipe by Lavender Lynn
This is a hungarian dish from epicurious .com. Posted for ZWT4
Top Review by Tisme
This was a great way to serve cucumber.
I id not let it marinade as long as required, as I had time constrants, I also drained off the vinegar mix as I needed to serve on a platter with salad, but it worked really well.
I had no paprika (which I thought I had on hand) so I just sprinkled with chopped chives and pepper.
The vinegar marinade gave such a wonderful sweet & sour taste to the cucumber. We liked this recipe very much here.
Thanks Lavender Lynn.
- 2 cucumbers, medium
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup water
- sweet paprika
- black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel the cucumbers and slice them very thin.
- Sprinkle the cucumbers with salt and let stand for 30-60 minutes with a plate and a 5 lb weight on top.
- Squeeze out the water on a paper towel.
- Combine the sugar, vinegar, garlic powder, and water.
- Add the cucumbers and marinate for a few hours.
- To serve, sprinkle paprika on half of the salad and black pepper on the other half.