1/1 Photo of Hungarian Cream Cheese Cookies With Prune Lekvar
1 hr 20 mins
This is a very flaky cookie that has been in my family years. My grandmother passed it down to all. I've seen it called many other names but in my house we've nicknamed it: Mom's Hurry Up Cream Cheese Cookies, because if your kitchen is too warm they do become a bit difficult to handle. So if you plan on having a day of baking.... do these first! You're gonna love them. NOTE: Very easy to make total time includes refrigeration of 1 hr if your kitchen is warm from holiday baking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream together the cream cheese and butter.
- 2To this, add the flour - in small portions by hand.
- 3When it comes together, turn over on a lightly floured surface and add the rest of the flour to form a dough (IT WILL BE SOFT - but it should be smooth)
- 4Refrigerate for about 1 hour.
- 5Roll out to about 1/4 inch thick on a floured surface.
- 6Cut into squares about 2 x 2 and fill center with about 1/4 tsp of the lekvar.
- 7Bring together opposite corners and pinch and fold over.
- 8Bake on a lightly greased baking sheet for about 15 - 20 minutes until lite gold at 350F (Be careful not to let them burn).
- 9While still warm, role in powdered sugar and let cool.
- 10Once cooled, repeat the powdered sugar coating once more.
- 11You can use any flavor lekvar or even an almond paste.
- 12It just has to be really thick so it doesn't run while baking.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hungarian Cream Cheese Cookies With Prune Lekvar
Serving Size: 1 (931 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 170.4
- Calories from Fat 128
- Total Fat 14.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 41.1 mg
- Sodium 128.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 2.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: