1/4 Photos of Hungarian Cookie Bars
Posted for the Zaar World Tour 2006-Hungary. I haven't tried this recipe, but it seems to be a very quick and easy cookie to make. These bars are sticky and gooey and similar to a walnut pie.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325ºF. Grease a 9" square baking pan; set aside.
- 2In a medium bowl, cream together 3/4 cup of the brown sugar and the margarine. Add vanilla and flour; mix well. Pat this mixture into the bottom of the baking pan.
- 3In a small bowl, beat the eggs until foamy. Add the remaining 1 cup brown sugar; mix well. Pour into the pan over the first mixture. Sprinkle the nuts evenly over the top.
- 4Bake at 325ºF for 30 to 40 minutes, or until center is no longer jiggly. Cool completely before slicing. Slice into 2-1/2"x1-1/2" bars.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hungarian Cookie Bars
Serving Size: 1 (895 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 283.9
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 31.0 mg
- Sodium 141.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 31.7 g
- Protein 4.4 g