4 hrs 45 mins
My Mom, made the greatest chicken soup. Unfortunately she didn't stay with us for long, so I didn't have time to learn from her. It took me years to bring it to perfection. Now I can say that it is "something like" my Mom's was. You can also make it with rooster, but in that case, two thighs, and a half of breast is enough. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the chicken in pieces, wash, then scrub with Accent then place the pieces in bottom of a large, deep saucepan or pressure cooker. I prefer saucepan.
- 2Fill the pan or pressure cooker with water,( leave space for vegs! ) and cook slowly on low heat. The soup will get frothy while cooking, you have to take it off from the top with a spoon pretty often. If you don't, your soup will not be clear.
- 3Meanwhile, clean all vegetables, cut into pieces - except the onion, tomato, paprika and potato. Set aside.
- 4Put 1 teaspoon - for now - of salt and 7 pcs of peppercorn in the soup.
- 5When the froth vanishes, that is the time to put in the vegs. Cover, and cook until carrot is done.
- 6Don't forget to taste it while it is cooking, to see how much more salt is needed.
- 7When done, take out the chicken, vegs. and place them on two separate plates.
- 8Take a clean saucepan and pour the soup in it through a filter, this will make your soup "clean, clear and beautiful".
- 9Serve the soup clear, and everyone can pick their favourites from the chick and veg plates in their bowls.
- 10Don't forget about the noodles. ( Kids love the noodles.) They must be served separately too.
- 11You can also place a little plate on the table, filled with small green pepper slices. Some like it hot!
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hungarian Chicken Soup
Serving Size: 1 (231 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 521.9
- Calories from Fat 318
- Total Fat 35.4 g
- Saturated Fat 10.1 g
- Cholesterol 162.5 mg
- Sodium 168.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 39.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: