Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a very hardy dish and so easy to make. It goes well with noodles or dumplings.
- 4 -5 lbs chicken, cut-up
- 1 large onion
- 4 tablespoons shortening
- 3 tablespoons Hungarian paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon peppercorn
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄2 pint sour cream
- Brown onions in shortening.
- Add seasonings and chicken brown 10 minutes.
- Add water and simmer until tender.
- Remove chicken.
- Add sour cream to pan mix well.
- Thicken with 1 tablespoon butter and 1 tablespoon flour made into a paste; stir into pan.
- Replace chicken and heat through.