1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 35 mins
Originally found in the April May 2007 issue of Taste of Home magazine and adapted slightly, replacing the margarine with olive oil, replacing the bone-in chicken parts with boneless skinless chicken breasts (or boneless skinless chicken thighs) and replacing full fat sour cream with light/reduced fat sour cream...Now placed here for safekeeping!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts or 4 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 1/2 cups hot water (NOT boiling)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 (8 ounce) container low-fat sour cream (Cabot Light preferred)
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2In a large skillet, saute onion in the oil until tender.
- 3Sprinkle chicken with paprika and white pepper and place in an ungreased roasting pan.
- 4Spoon sauteed onions over the chicken parts; add hot water to roasting pan.
- 5Cover and bake in preheated oven for 1½ hours or until juices run clear.
- 6Remove chicken from oven, reserve pan juices for the sauce and keep the chicken warm while you make the sauce.
- 7To make the sauce: In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth.
- 8Whisk in the pan juices from the chicken; bring to barely a boil over medium heat.
- 9Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring until thickened.
- 10Remove from the heat and stir in the sour cream; serve hot over the chicken which I serve over hot cooked noodles (whole wheat preferred) or hot cooked brown rice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hungarian Chicken Paprikash
Serving Size: 1 (218 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 216.0
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 95.2 mg
- Sodium 107.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 35.8 g