Recipe by Chabear01
Posted for ZWT II - Eastern Europe/ Hungary This recipe is from "Bon Appetit Tastes of the World". Spoon this over egg noodles that have been tossed with butter and poppy seeds.
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
this was very good, I did do a few amount adjustments, I use 1 heaping tablespoon of paprika and about 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, it probably could have done with a little more cayenne pepper, thanks for sharing Char, this was made for KK's cookathon
- 4 large boneless chicken breast halves
- salt and pepper
- all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 bell peppers, cut into strips
- 1 onion, medium sliced
- 4 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 5 teaspoons sweet Hungarian paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot Hungarian paprika
- 1 1⁄4 cups canned chicken broth
- 4 large canned Italian plum tomatoes, chopped, drained
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
Directions See How It's Made
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Coat with flour, shaking off excess.
- Heat oil in heavy large skillet over high heat.
- Add chicken to skillet and saute until brown and crisp, about 4 minutes per side.
- Transfer chicken to plate.
- Add bell peppers, onion and garlic to skillet and saute for 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Add both paprikas and stir 2 minutes.
- Mix in broth, tomatoes and tomato paste.
- Return chicken to skillet.
- Bring liquids to simmer.
- Cover skillet and simmer gently until chicken is just cooked through, about 8 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to platter; keep warm.
- Increase heat to high and boil until sauce coats spoon thickly, about 8 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon Sauce over chicken.