1/3 Photos of Hungarian Chicken Paprikash
I like this recipe because its FAST (20 minute cooking time) filling and has a great taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Saute chopped up onion in the oil. Pull it off from the heat.
- 2Add the paprika (both kind) to the sautéed onion. (If you leave it on the heat while you do this, the paprika will burn) Mix it until the paprika dissolved.
- 3Add chicken. Mix it together with the onion-paprika paste, until all the pieces are covered with the paste. Turn your heat up high, brown the meat, while you constantly mixing it. While you doing it, be careful not to burn the paprika paste!
- 4When all pieces look white all around, turn down the heat to low, add salt, cover and cook. During your low heat cooking the juices of the chicken will come out, so your dish will cook in its own juices. If you pick dry meat (breast) you have to add some liquid(chicken broth).
- 5After 10 minutes add pepper piece to the food. Cook for another 10-15 minutes. Check for tenderness.
- 6Before serving, remove skin. Serve with pasta, or baked potato. Top the dish with a tablespoon of sour cream.
- 7Hungarians serve it with some pickled items on the side, such as cucumber, or pickled pepper.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hungarian Chicken Paprikash
Serving Size: 1 (314 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 740.5
- Calories from Fat 568
- Total Fat 63.1 g
- Saturated Fat 13.4 g
- Cholesterol 157.9 mg
- Sodium 146.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 33.7 g