Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I used to eat at a wonderful Hungarian restaurant that served this dish. This is my re-make. Really good on rice.
- 1 lb chicken liver
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon butter (for flavor) (optional)
- 2 tablespoons dried sweet basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Saute the livers, sweet basil, and pepper in the olive oil and butter until done to your liking.
- Pour all over a mound of white rice on a serving platter.
- You can add more sweet basil or pepper according to your taste.
I am amazed at how well basil complements chicken livers! This is a delightful preparation for them. I'll be making this again. Thanks for posting it!
I made this recipe about a month and a half and have been craving it ever since so I'm making it again tonight. Very quick and easy to make and I was surprised at how well the basil complimented the chicken liver as well. This is a new perminent recipe in my family collection, thank you!