Recipe by Cookin'withGas
Sort of an Hungarian Goulash, but chicken livers-style...In addition, I've used a low-fat sour cream and a whole wheat pasta to lighten the recipe up a bit...Just add a salad for a complete meal!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium yellow onions, sliced
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1 lb chicken liver, halved
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 4 ounces low-fat sour cream (Cabot Light)
- cooked egg noodles (Ronzoni Whole Wheat pasta)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 10 inch skillet, over medium heat, heat the first 2 tablespoons of olive oil and saute the onions and mushrooms until tender --.
- With a slotted spoon, remove the onion and mushroom mixture to a bowl --.
- In the same skillet, over medium high heat, heat the remaining 2 tablespoon olive oil and saute the chicken livers about 4 minutes, stirring often --.
- Return the onions/mushrooms to the skillet of chicken livers --.
- Stir in the flour, paprika and salt; cook 1 minute --.
- Add Water, stirring to deglaze the skillet; then cook over medium heat until thick (5 minutes? I've never timed it) --.
- Once thickened, remove from heat and stir in the sour cream until well blended --.
- Serve over your choice of pasta or rice --.
- NOTE:prep time only covers the time to slice the onions and mushrooms.