1 hr 10 mins
A favorite summer dessert (when cherries are in season). Popular at picnics, BBQ's and when the "girls get together for coffee".
My Private Note
10x4 in ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup unseasoned breadcrumbs
- 3/4 cup softened sweet butter (1 1/2 sticks)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 cup unbleached flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 lb pitted cherries
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Butter a 10x4-inch tube pan and sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- 3In a medium size bowl, beat butter and 1/2 cup sugar at medium speed until light and fluffy (about 2 minutes).
- 4Add egg yolks and beat until light and fluffy.
- 5Gradually beat in flour and salt.
- 6In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until foamy.
- 7On high speed, beat 1/4 cup sugar into whites, 2 tablespoons at a time, until they are stiff and glossy.
- 8Gently fold beaten whites into batter.
- 9Spread batter evenly in pan, top with cherries.
- 10Bake at 350°F for about 35-40 minutes.
- 11or until cake is set and toothpick comes out clean.
- 12Cool in pan for 5 minutes, loosen sides and remove from pan.
- 13Cool completely on rack, drizzle cooled cake with almond glaze.
- 14---Almond Glaze---.
- 15Mix powdered sugar, almond extract and water (1 teaspoon at a time) until smooth and the consistency of a thin syrup.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hungarian Cherry Cake
Serving Size: 1 (106 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 273.2
- Calories from Fat 117
- Total Fat 13.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 77.0 mg
- Sodium 84.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 25.9 g
- Protein 3.5 g