Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Make and share this Hungarian Cheesecake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups unbleached flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 tablespoons butter, not margarine
- 2 large egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons water, cold
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon rind, grated
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- Sift together the flour and baking powder, set aside.
- Cream the butter in a large mixing bowl, then add the egg yolks, salt, and lemon juice, mixing well.
- Add the dry mixture, then using your fingers, work the dough into a smooth consistency. Add the cold water as necessary to work the dough.
- Roll the dough out on a flat surface to a thickness of 1/4-inch. Cut the dough to fit the greased bottom of a 9-inch springform pan and place the dough in the bottom. Use the excess to line the sides of the pan.
- CHEESECAKE: Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Press the cottage cheese through a sieve.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat 3 eggs and the sugar until well blended. Add the cottage cheese and beat, then stir in the lemon rind and the sour cream.
- Separate the remaining egg, saving the yolk for another recipe. Remove crust from refrigerator and brush with the egg white.
- Combine the pineapple and raisins in a bowl, then spread the mixture evenly on the prepared crust.
- Pour the cheese mixture on the top of the fruit mixture.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 450 degrees Fahrenheit, then reduce the oven to 350 degrees and bake for about another 35 minutes.
- Cool to room temperature, then chill. Serve chilled.