Recipe by love4culinary
Cheese spread that is great for parties as a cracker spread or as a veggie dip! Cook time is actually time to refrigerate!!!
Top Review by GinnyP
Whoa. love4culinary, this is so good!!! You told me it could be an acquired taste. I agree that could be true for some. But if you like Reuben sandwiches, sauerkraut, things like that, no acquiring required! LOL We used this as a spread on crackers, but it would make an awesome spread for Reuben sandwiches, hamburgers, a lower fat/lower cholesterol filling for stuffed eggs, added to hot dogs with relish, a spread for rye or pumpernickel toast points...omgoodness I can think of so many ways to enjoy this. In a word..."Keeper!" Thanks for posting this. It's really wonderful. btw, I used cream cheese and large curd cottage cheese.
- 1 cup large-curd cottage cheese or 1 cup Liptauer cheese
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons anchovy paste
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 4 tablespoons grated onions
- 1 tablespoon Hungarian paprika
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine large-curd cottage cheese OR lipto cheese and butter OR cream cheese in food processor.
- Add anchovy paste, mustard, onion, caraway seeds and paprika.
- Process, turning machine off twice during processing to scrape down sides, for 1 minute until smooth.
- Transfer sread to a small bowl, cover, and refrigerate for at least 24 hours to allow flavor to develop.
- Serve as a spread for crackers or as a dip for raw veggies such as carrots, celery and zucchini sticks!