Get real Hungarian sweet (not hot) paprika for the best flavor. You can also puree all of the soup if you prefer that texture. The yogurt may look slightly curdled, but it will taste fine. From "Diabetes Cooking for Everyone", by Carol Gelles. Exchanges: 1 1/2 vegetable, 1 fat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a 4 or 5 quart nonstick pan, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the casbbage, onion, and garlic and cook, stirring, until slightly softened, about 4 to 5 minutes. Stir in the paprika until it is absorbed.
- 2Add the broth and water, bring to a boil. Add the cauliflower and simmer, uncovered, 20 minutes or until the cauliflower is soft. Add salt and pepper.
- 3Place 2 cups of the soup in a blender or food processor and process until smooth. Stir puree back into soup. Stir in the yogurt and reheat if necessary, but do not boil.
- 4Serve in bowls, topped with additional yogurt dollops, if you like.
Browse Our Top Cauliflower Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hungarian Cauliflower and Cabbage Soup
Serving Size: 1 (321 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 80.4
- Calories from Fat 19
- Total Fat 2.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 4.7 mg
- Sodium 309.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 5.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: