Recipe by zeldaz51
Get real Hungarian sweet (not hot) paprika for the best flavor. You can also puree all of the soup if you prefer that texture. The yogurt may look slightly curdled, but it will taste fine. From "Diabetes Cooking for Everyone", by Carol Gelles. Exchanges: 1 1/2 vegetable, 1 fat.
- 1 tbsp.vegetable oil
- 3 cups coarsely chopped cabbage
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon sweet Hungarian paprika
- 1 3⁄4 cups chicken broth (vegetable broth if vegan)
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 3 cups cauliflower florets
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup plain yogurt
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 4 or 5 quart nonstick pan, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the casbbage, onion, and garlic and cook, stirring, until slightly softened, about 4 to 5 minutes. Stir in the paprika until it is absorbed.
- Add the broth and water, bring to a boil. Add the cauliflower and simmer, uncovered, 20 minutes or until the cauliflower is soft. Add salt and pepper.
- Place 2 cups of the soup in a blender or food processor and process until smooth. Stir puree back into soup. Stir in the yogurt and reheat if necessary, but do not boil.
- Serve in bowls, topped with additional yogurt dollops, if you like.