Recipe by SooZee
I don't know if this is Hungarian or not but it's really good anyhow. I got this recipe from a neighbor lady about 15 years ago..
- 6 ounces noodles
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, diced
- 3 -4 stalks celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb hamburger
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 10 ounces canned mushroom slices, drained
- 10 ounces tomato soup
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 19 ounces diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 drops Tabasco sauce or 2 drops any hot sauce
- cheese slice, for topping
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook noodles and drain.
- Fry bacon until crisp; remove and set aside.
- Discard most of the fat.
- Add hamburger and cook until browned.
- In same pan, add celery, green pepper,mushrooms and saute.
- Remove meat and veggies to casserole dish.
- Stir in everything else except cheese slices and bacon.
- Stir in the noodles.
- Bake 350* for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with cheese slices.
- Sprinkle with bacon bits.
- Return to oven for 15 minutes or until.
- cheese has melted.